Vegan Guide to Toronto: Part 1
I’m so lucky to live in a city where vegan restaurants are everywhere. I mean, it’s not L.A., but we have no shortage of places that are plant based and delicious. So many, in fact, that I couldn’t just do one vegan guide, instead I broke it up into four parts. Welcome to part 1: my five favourite vegan restaurants in the 6ix, perfect for locals and anyone visiting that needs recommendations. Please watch the video and read the specifics down below.
Personal Favourites: vegan buffalo wings with vegan bleu cheese and vegan mac’n cheese.
- they do not take reservations
- you can order take-out, no delivery service available
- they are open from noon to 11pm on week nights
- they serve brunch on Sunday and Saturday mornings 11am – 3pm
Personal Favourites: raw manicotti with cashew cheese and sweet potato noodles.
- they have a second location in Liberty Village
- you can purchase some of their food at Whole Foods
- lots of gluten-free options
- they server brunch on Sunday and Saturday, 11am – 3pm
- can get delivery through Just-Eat
- open from 11am – 9:30pm most days
Personal Favourites: vegan cheddar, chutney, pecan and pear crepe and 42 ingredient salad.
- very small, may have to wait for a table but they have quick service and do take out as well
- not everything is vegan but it’s clear on the menu
- open Tuesday and Saturday 11:30am – 6:00pm
Personal Favourites: veggie BBQ duck, BBQ bun and enoki mushroom balls.
- not everything is vegan but it says on the menu (look at the bottom they have a chart)
- they are not licensed, so no booze
- they have a little shop in the restaurant where you can buy tea and some frozen foods (including the BBQ bun)
- closes at 9:30pm most nights
Personal Favourites: curry fries, yuba sandwich and the lentil & ale pie.
- very small, no reservations, not good for large groups
- only vegan I know of restaurant with a large selection of beer
- not open on Tuesdays and only open for dinner, no lunch
– Eat AVEC LUI – KL